Outdoor Winter Sports Academy: Ski, Snowboard, Skateboard
Program & Enrollment for 2024
Jan 2 - Mar 28, 2024
Epic winter program full of fun and active outdoor time week over week
In January, brace yourself for the thrilling launch of our Winter Outdoor Academy, powered by our van, designed to provide an unparalleled outdoor sports adventure. Get ready for three invigorating sessions of skiing or snowboarding each week, and hold your breath for the electrifying outdoor skateboarding sessions scheduled for Fridays. Get hyped for the winter of a lifetime! 🏂🏄♂️❄️
Fridays Skateboarding: With an abundance of nearly 30 skateparks, there's ample opportunity for skill development and honing new tricks, even during winter. In case of snowstorms or rainy-icy conditions, we provide indoor skill-building sessions at our NBW indoor skatepark. However, our priority is always to head outdoors whenever possible.
Ski, Snowboard, or both:)
Our Philosophy: We aim to find the right balance between nurturing a love for skiing or snowboarding, potential racing aspirations, education, family life, and friendships. We begin with building strong foundations in skiing and snowboarding, assessing participants' readiness for competitive levels and races. Our offerings include access to basic slopes, challenging ice terrains, and the thrilling freestyle park at Mountain Creek for skiing and snowboarding. These experiences foster skill development and mastery.
Designed to accommodate various levels of experience
- Regular Participants: Students who have participated in our previous seasons can join the advanced group on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Intermediate Level: Kids with prior experience riding chairlifts and gondolas and skiing green easy slopes (and some blue slopes) are welcome to join our Thursday and Saturday groups.
- Beginners: Students who are new to skiing and snowboarding will need a few private sessions initially. After completing two to three sessions, depending on the child's progress, they can transition to the Thursday to Saturday groups. Private sessions may be available as early as December; feel free to contact us for more information!
Physical Training on Wednesdays: Skiers and Snowboarders can access physical training on Wednesdays (4:30 pm - 6 pm) at our NBW academy center as part of the winter program. This training, while not mandatory, is highly recommended to enhance six key performance qualities: balance, flexibility, coordination, endurance, speed, and strength. For kids signed up for at least one ski or snowboard day per week, this training is offered free of charge.
Pick-ups for our Outdoor Academy are available from 2:45 pm to 3 pm in Brooklyn and 3:15 pm in Manhattan. Take this chance to level up your skills!
- Brooklyn pick-up neighborhoods include Carroll Gardens, Gowanus, Dumbo, Cobble Hill, and Boerum Hill. School pick-up is available with a minimum of 3 kids from the same school.
- In Manhattan, we offer pick-up and drop-off options along West St. from Rector St. to the Lincoln Tunnel on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
After-Ski Dinner & Drop-Off
Following an action-packed day of skiing and snowboarding, we provide a dinner at a local eatery for the kids before heading back. Typically, we return to Brooklyn around 9:00 pm. Many kids often fall asleep in the car after their day of fun. Our drop-off service is convenient and takes place near their homes.
- Monday: Private Ski or Snowboard Classes - All Ages, All Skill Levels - Per inquiry
- Tuesday: Ski or Snowboard Academy - Advanced Levels at Mountain Creek
- Wednesday: Physical Training (4:30 pm - 6 pm): Available for Skiers and Snowboarders as part of the winter program.
- Thursday: Ski or Snowboarding Academy - Beginner to Intermediate Level at Mountain Creek
- Friday: Skateboarding Academy - Intermediate and Advanced Levels
- Saturday: Ski or Snowboard Academy - All Levels from 9 am to 3 pm
Elevate Your Skills: We also offer opportunities for skateboarders, mountain bikers, to elevate their skills at any level indoors within our custom No Bad Weather (NBW) academy center. Joining NBW academies members explore the exciting world of skiing, and snowboarding biking, skateboarding. They will improve skills, learn new techniques, and have a blast with our experienced instructors.
Looking for an enriching mix of indoor and outdoor activities in an afterschool program? Contact us, and we'll customize a package that suits your needs and budget perfectly. We focus on fostering long-term relationships with the kids, nurturing their potential, and cultivating future athletes beyond these sessions.
For more information feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text: +1 (917) 436 5175. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and figure out the best setup for your child.
Last Seasons Winter Academy Rippers
Weekly NBW academy video episodes
We continue to release YouTube video episode documenting the action and progress that our campers make week to week. Don't forget to subscribe, like, comment:)